Friday, March 28, 2008

Jergens Natural Glow Firming Moisturizer

This was my first product review!

I have never been asked to do a product review, nor do I know anything about reviewing products. I do, however, have a big mouth and like to tell people what I think. (Have you noticed?) So that's all I need, right? Furthermore, about 4 or 5 people have come to my site through Googling this product, since I mentioned it in this post. So I thought I would actually give them some useful information.

I have just finished my first bottle of:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jergens® natural glow Firming
Moisturize into a firming glow. Jergens® natural glow Firming Daily Moisturizer formula with collagen & elastin delivers clinically proven firming benefits to improve skin elasticity and a subtle skin darkening complex to create a natural-looking, summer glow. Begin to see a firmer appearance after just two weeks of daily use. Source: www.Jergens.com

I know, girls, it's too good to be true, right? Well, not entirely!

Jergens makes three claims about this lotion, so I'll examine each one.


As far as moisture goes, my skin has never been softer. Even after baking in the sun all summer, I did not peel once. I absolutely would recommend this lotion if you have a tendency toward dry skin.

The "glow" of this lotion is also great. I have very fair skin, and most tanning lotions look orange on me. So unless I want to look like I have overdosed on carrots and sweet potatoes, I stay away from them. You know how your baby looked when he got on a two week sweet potato kick? It's funny for a nine-month-old, but for a thirty-something mom trying to look cool? Not so much. Jergens' lotion gave me great color. This product is not going to drastically change your color, but it will help considerably with what I call "Seasonal Albino Syndrome". (I wonder if anyone will Google that!) I do tend to get tan in the summer, so I got the medium skin tone lotion. In the winter, I'll get the fair. A few tips, though.

  • Do not get dressed right after you apply it, unless you want your bra to have a "healthy glow" as well.
  • Do not bring it to the hospital while having your third c-section, thinking you'll be moisturized in the dry air, only to realize you cannot get up to wash your hands, thus staining your hands brown. Oh, well, blame it on the iodine. Of course, this little tidbit is NOT from personal experience!
  • Avoid your ankles, knees, and elbows, lest someone think you've been army-crawling through your front yard in the rain.
Now for the tricky part. We would all love to believe that a product exists that will smooth out all our cellulite without any work on our part. (If you said, "I don't know what you mean, what cellulite?" then I hate you and you're not allowed to read my blog.) Just kidding. (sort of) Even in 1998 when I was 120 pounds, I had cellulite. And yes, I do remember the exact year I weighed that little. I remember when I gained 50 pounds with my first pregnancy, too! The problem is, I don't think they actually claim to smooth cellulite, just the skin, but a girl can dream! While I do have some sagging going on, it's not my skin, know what I mean? Therefore, I really can't evaluate this part of the product. But I will go back to the advice I gave in the earlier post, "Tan fat always looks better than pale fat!"

This product is definitely a winner in my book! I'll even use it in the winter when I go to the gym. That way, I don't blind the weightlifters with my fluorescent paleness, thus breaking their concentration and causing grave bodily harm.

Now, to think of a catchy symbol to summarize my rating. Lamar, The People's Movie Critic uses Budweisers; Rocks in my Dryer uses...well...Rocks. Today I'll use blossoms, since my logo is a flower, but let me know if you have any other suggestions.

MY RATING: 4 Blossoms

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: