Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ronzoni Bistro Ready to Eat Meals

I came across Ronzoni's Bistro Meals as I was perusing the Grocery Game for this week's deals. I decided to try it, since it only cost $1.00. That's a great thing about the grocery game, you can try things you normally wouldn't very inexpensively! Anyway, here's my reaction:

Can I borrow a line from Melanie? "Don't try it. Just don't." It was pretty bad. Of course, I tried the Penne with Chicken and Broccoli. It had a cream sauce, which was... well... pretty bad. It seems that they tried to over-season the sauce, and it came out having a funky after-taste. The consistency was not quite creamy enough. They do have some with red sauce, which may be better.

The pros? You can microwave it in 90 seconds. I got it for $1.00. I have two more, in case the economy tanks, and we have to live for weeks from our pantry.

The cons? It tastes bad.

Have you tried it? What did you think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah:

Just wanted to let you know about our FREE grocery savings site MyGroceryDeals.com where you can look up local grocery sales by ZIP Code, make a list of the best deals and head out to shop for them. We also have some coupons to add to the savings!

So, please visit soon and happy deal hunting!

MGD Cyndi