Sunday, October 5, 2008

Kid K'Nex Goes to Sesame Street

I don't know about you, but I used to watch Sesame Street religiously as a child! I still remember singing the number song, over and over, unable to get it out of my head. "1,2,3,4- 5- 6,7,8,9- 10- 11, 12!" Of course, back then, there weren't too many options for children's programming, and Sesame Street led the way, with innovative and educational content, grabbing a child's attention.

Well, over 30 years later, Sesame Street is still one of the highest quality children's shows around! It's really fun, when your kids love one of your childhood favorites!

That's why I was thrilled to receive a Sesame Street Building Set from Kid K'Nex, in conjunction with Team Mom!

Little Pea (2 years old) loves Cookie Monster, she laughs like crazy whenever he takes the screen. When the Cookie Monster Building Set, complete with chocolate chip cookie, came in the mail, I was about to teach a voice lesson. My student's mom usually plays with Pea while I teach, so I sent them back with the little blue monster in hand.

She absolutely loved it! She came out to show me the character she'd built and beamed with pride. Then she squealed with laughter as she made him eat the cookie, and mimicked his rather loud eating habits! She built him several times that day.

What really got me about this particular building set is the pride she had in completing it. My older daughters do puzzles and make crafts that, often times, she can't do well. When they got home from school, Little Pea ran over to them with Cookie Monster, and exclaimed, "Look what I did!" At which point, the others fawned over her work and congratulated her. The older ones even had a good time taking him apart, and putting him back together, acting out the cookie-eating, etc.

Another winner: The container! I'm kind of a stickler for keeping all the pieces of a toy together, and I usually have to search for an available container. The container is easy for the little ones to use, and there is no mistaking which toy goes into it! So I love it!

In my opinion, The Sesame Street Building Sets are a guaranteed success when it comes to Birthday or Christmas gifts, especially for the 2-5 year age range. I'm considering getting Little Pea, and my nephews, a few more of these for Christmas this year. I'm also looking forward to the creative creatures she invents by combining the sets!

Where to Buy: you can get these building sets at Amazon.com, and K'Nex.com, and also in stores.

No comments: